Monday, October 10, 2011

Bouldering


It makes me very happy to write about my favorite form of climbing...bouldering!

Now don't get me wrong, I love a hard sport climb as much as the next crazy person (and I'm a huge sucker for taking massive falls!), who can mistake the intoxicating feeling of your heart racing as you skip a bolt or two... but nothing gets my heart - and mind - racing faster then getting past the no fall zone on a highball boulder problem, especially one with a nasty landing.

Climbing wicked hard problems twenty... forty feet off the ground with no ropes may seem crazy to most people, but oddly enough, this is where I feel most relaxed! Some of my largest climbing goals were boulder problems and I'm eagerly looking forward to sending all my other major projects.

Trying to fulfill this huge addiction of mine has taken me all over the country on a desperate search for That One particular boulder problem, The One that my climbing partner and I will talk about for months, if not years, with the same reverence that a mother might use when gushing about a newborn child. I hold very strong memories of all my most favorite boulder problems; my goal is to bring my impression of them to the Nevada Climb Center.

So if you're looking for some killer boulder problems, I have set many on the boulder and on the X-Wall. From V3's on up to a few V9's, and, of course, I will always be adding new ones!

Start a new project today!!! I would love to hear what you think! :)
In this photo is Josh, working on Kfeds boulder problem "The Duke."

Peace everyone,
Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment