Saturday, October 22, 2011

NEW ROUTES

Hi everyone, Nathan here.. It's been a while since my last blog - seems as though time is the one thing I can't wrangle these days!

I hope all my NCC friends are doing great, and everyone is training hard for the start of the new climbing season; I have been busy feverishly setting new routes and boulder problems up on wall 3-6.

On 3, I set a crazy, acrobatic-style climb named "Sugar Skull" - it's rated a 5.11. The first moves are swinging with reach-y Heel Hooks, and then it leads up to a huge Dyno from one wall to another! It took a few times for Nico and I to stick it, but we sent it after all! :)

A new dear friend of mine, AH, has taped a solid 5.8 on 3, I would most definitely recommend it and I look forward to having her tape more routes soon!!

Next to AH's new 5.8 route is a jump-start V4 boulder problem that I set (yellow tape), it's only 3 moves but they are solid.

On wall 4, I cleaned two more of Prophet's routes, they are both 11's and are definitely classics.

I set two new routes today, one on wall 4 and one on 5. The route on 4 is a 10+ (skull and crossbones tape) it's a crimpy good time!

The last one I worked on today is a 11- ( polka-dot tape), with two traverses on it. The first traverse goes from left to right on the bottom under-hang, then the second goes from right to left on the upper under- hang. It will most definitely get your heart racing!!

Speaking of traverses, I also set a new wicked-hard traverse named "Chipmunk Shoes". It starts on wall 1 and ends in the cave. If you're looking for a new traverse challenge and you have already whooped mine and Nico's crazy long traverse named "Hot Streak", then "Chipmunk Shoes" is a massive challenge!! Slops, side-pulls, under-hanging....it's madness only a true Rock Punk can appreciate.

Please give them a shot and come back and tell me what you think. Until then, enjoy!

Peace everyone...

1 comment: